The Department of Planning & Sustainability will start using a new Electronic Plan Review Process beginning on July 9th, 2012 for submission of plans for FMPC/Administrative agendas. The link to access the new IDT Plans system is to the left of this annoucement at the bottom of the list called Plan Review Login. Click the red link below to access instructions on how to use the new system FMPC/Administrative Electronic Plan Review Process Instructions.
The mission of the Department of Planning and Sustainability is to accomplish the highest quality of life for the citizens of Franklin by striving for constant improvement of the built environment and the conservation of natural and historic resources.
The Department of Planning and Sustainability serves as a liaison between the public and City government. This department interacts with the Franklin Municipal Planning Commission, an appointed board of citizens, with providing information and advice to the Board of Mayor and Aldermen and other City officials to assist them in making decisions about growth and development of the City of Franklin. Stemming from this, the Planning Department provides the following specific services:
- Provide expertise and technical assistance to the Franklin Municipal Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, Sustainability Commission, Franklin Historic Zoning Commission, and various ad-hoc committees and taskforces. This technical assistance includes review and processing submittals to these public bodies.
- Provide expertise and technical assistance to the Board of Mayor and Aldermen.
- Answer questions from the public related to existing or proposed development, natural resources, and historic resources.
- Administer performance agreements and sureties, and coordinates inspections, related to improvements associated with new development, such as streets, drainage, landscaping, water/wastewater, and sidewalks.
- Perform landscape inspections.
Find out more information about neighborhood meetings, rezonings, pending annexations, or concepts plan applications by email! Individuals can sign up to receive regular email updates about certain planning projects through this link.
Neighborhood organizations, like home owners associations or neighborhood-based non-profits, can also sign to receive regular information about certain planning projects by completing this form and submitting it, along with the other required information, to the Planning Department.
Last updated: 11/30/2012 2:24:01 PM