Please check your court date thoroughly! A common mistake is to read the Appearance Date incorrectly at the bottom of the citation. The correct format (left to right) is:
Franklin City Hall
106 Third Avenue South, Suite 120
Court Clerk's Office
Franklin, TN 37064
(It is recommended that you park in the free parking garage located on 2nd Avenue between Main Street and Church Street, and enter by the flag poles).
For a copy of the Fine Schedule, Information about Making a Payment, Attending Driving School, Pleading Not Guilty, Insurance Citations, and more please click here.
We conform to the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For more information, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- If I get a citation for a Municipal code violation, where can I see the Municipal code for the City of Franklin?
- Why does the City require you to pull into a parking space in the city garages instead of backing into the space (head in parking)?
- I received a letter about a parking ticket issued to my car, but I was not driving my car that day. I had loaned my car to a friend or relative. Am I responsible for the parking ticket?
- If my license has been suspended/revoked, where can I go to get it reinstated?
- If I DISAGREE WITH THE JUDGE'S RULING on my case, what can I do?
- Must I pay all court fines/fees when I come to court, or does the court offer some sort of PAYMENT PLAN?
- I received a citation for NO INSURANCE (financial responsibility) will it be dismissed?
- What happens at a CITY COURT HEARING?
- What are my options for RESCHEDULING my court date?
- I've recently been contacted by a collection agency. What do I do next?
- How do I get a marriage license, or renew my license plates (tags)?
Questions may be addressed and payments may be made to the Court Clerk at 615-794-5362 weekdays from 8 to 5. Credit cards are accepted (convenience fee applies for phone payments).
Franklin City Court is held on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and starts promptly at 7:30 a.m. The City Court Clerk’s office is located in Suite 120 in City Hall, located at 109 3rd Ave S.
The Municipal Court provides a fair and impartial hearing for all citizens charged with a city ordinance violation, code violation, or traffic violation within the boundaries of the City of Franklin.
Franklin Court primarily handles the following issues:
- traffic citations
- parking citations
- and some fire code violations
- Other city ordinance violations such as:
- building codes
- business regulations
- noise and other ordinances that involve personal behavior