- Nov 16 Last week three new Civil War cannons were showcased at Carter Hill Battlefield Park. Mayor Moore was invited to sp… https://t.co/fSnuXOE2pm
- Nov 16 City of Franklin is awarded Voice of the People award! Read more here! https://t.co/EArvaRsPAs
- Nov 16 #ThankYouNoteThursday: A very nice note from a local Cub Scout Den Leader about Rick McPeak, Assistant Director of… https://t.co/1JpoSRf4My
- Nov 16 #FranklinTBT: A view of Main Street from St. Paul's Episcopal Church's tower, circa 1925. Photo: @WilcoHeritage https://t.co/pBzeJxkd3E
- Nov 15 Downtown Franklin is getting festive! https://t.co/yb2uwO2L2p
- Nov 15 #WaterWednesday: Stepping in dog poop is gross. Swimming in it is even worse. Protect our streams and SCOOP THE POO… https://t.co/jnjhyOfxAX
Man injured, 2 vehicles damaged after unsecured plywood goes airborne on I-65
At-fault driver at large
These pictures paint a vivid picture of the importance of properly securing anything you haul. One man was injured on I-65 S near Murfreesboro Rd., this afternoon at 2 pm, after several pieces of plywood flew off of a trailer being towed by a white SUV. The plywood went through the window of a box truck, injuring the driver. A second vehicle was damaged after being hit by airborne plywood, as well.
An investigation is underway to identify the driver of the SUV, who did not stop. Officer are evaluating the possibility that the at-fault driver of the SUV may not have realized what had occurred. A Crime Stoppers reward of up to $1,000 is available for anyone with information in this case.