- Jun 27 #TrashTalkingTuesday: Please take note of our garbage collection schedule for next week. https://t.co/m5SoBcKLuv https://t.co/kNUbuWU1FM
- Jun 24 Free Car Seat Safety Check is happening Tuesday, June 27th from 1-3pm at Fire Station 6 -- 1061 Cool Springs Blvd.:… https://t.co/bYvEWZ5iLy
- Jun 23 Due to weather, Senior Games at Fieldstone Park & Movie in the Park at Pinkerton Park are canceled for today/tonight (Friday, June 23rd.)
- Jun 23 Keep your eye on the sky. There is a possibility of some rough weather today. Please stay tuned to local media for… https://t.co/4H94tTySSd
- Jun 22 #ThankYouNoteThursday: https://t.co/DbVq686Za1
Man charged after meeting at hotel for sex with teen
Chief: ‘These crimes unconscionable, will not be tolerated in Franklin’
During a reverse prostitution sting today, Franklin Police Vice Detectives and Flex Officers arrested a Fairview man after he showed up at a Franklin hotel to have sex with a 16-year-old girl. Utilizing social media, 28-year-old Shawn Buford of Fairview, to his surprise, contacted undercover officers and arranged to come to the hotel to pay for sex with the ‘girl.’ Buford showed up at the undisclosed Franklin hotel where he was, instead, arrested by waiting officers.
Charged with the Class-B Felony of Patronizing Prostitution with a Minor and Solicitation of a Minor, a Class-E Felony, Buford is being held in the Williamson County Jail on the $225,000 bond set by the Magistrate. He is due in court on March 23.
“Criminals who prey or attempt to prey on our community’s children will be aggressively pursued, arrested, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” said Chief Deborah Faulkner. “These crimes are unconscionable and will not be tolerated in Franklin.”
# # #