- May 23 Tonight at 7 we'll announce the winners of our #MyHistoricFranklinPhoto contest! We had more than 100 entries! Wat… https://t.co/ZdAjhJagud
- May 23 #TrashTalkingTuesday: https://t.co/Qys3zky9Ku
- May 20 Check out our employees making some magic! https://t.co/VNHHeoIhtO
- May 19 REST & RECREATION: Bring your hammock and enjoy our brand new hammock lounging areas at Pinkerton Park! https://t.co/SVe7xwDYJX
- May 19 These hearts at Fire Station 2 represent just over 5,000 patients @FranklinFire served during emergencies in 2016 .… https://t.co/BWnjnIyD7Z
Man charged after meeting at hotel for sex with teen
Chief: ‘These crimes unconscionable, will not be tolerated in Franklin’
During a reverse prostitution sting today, Franklin Police Vice Detectives and Flex Officers arrested a Fairview man after he showed up at a Franklin hotel to have sex with a 16-year-old girl. Utilizing social media, 28-year-old Shawn Buford of Fairview, to his surprise, contacted undercover officers and arranged to come to the hotel to pay for sex with the ‘girl.’ Buford showed up at the undisclosed Franklin hotel where he was, instead, arrested by waiting officers.
Charged with the Class-B Felony of Patronizing Prostitution with a Minor and Solicitation of a Minor, a Class-E Felony, Buford is being held in the Williamson County Jail on the $225,000 bond set by the Magistrate. He is due in court on March 23.
“Criminals who prey or attempt to prey on our community’s children will be aggressively pursued, arrested, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” said Chief Deborah Faulkner. “These crimes are unconscionable and will not be tolerated in Franklin.”
# # #