- Aug 17 #ThankYouNoteThursday: Water Management's Michael Weems and Bryan Pyzer received a note of appreciation from a grat… https://t.co/hGhucPcPGv
- Aug 17 Good morning, Franklin! https://t.co/hENuYDtYOk
- Aug 16 #WaterWednesday: https://t.co/IGc5vXAOMj
- Aug 15 #TrashTalkingTuesday: Please bag your trash! https://t.co/kBEK1T4Zve
- Aug 15 #CityHallSelfie #CityHallSelfieDay Happy City Hall Selfie Day from Mayor Moore & the Human Resource, Finance, Water… https://t.co/FpSp3kj5gv
- Aug 14 I-65 Southbound back to normal, just in time for rush hour! Thx for your patience Franklin!
Man charged after meeting at hotel for sex with teen
Chief: ‘These crimes unconscionable, will not be tolerated in Franklin’
During a reverse prostitution sting today, Franklin Police Vice Detectives and Flex Officers arrested a Fairview man after he showed up at a Franklin hotel to have sex with a 16-year-old girl. Utilizing social media, 28-year-old Shawn Buford of Fairview, to his surprise, contacted undercover officers and arranged to come to the hotel to pay for sex with the ‘girl.’ Buford showed up at the undisclosed Franklin hotel where he was, instead, arrested by waiting officers.
Charged with the Class-B Felony of Patronizing Prostitution with a Minor and Solicitation of a Minor, a Class-E Felony, Buford is being held in the Williamson County Jail on the $225,000 bond set by the Magistrate. He is due in court on March 23.
“Criminals who prey or attempt to prey on our community’s children will be aggressively pursued, arrested, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” said Chief Deborah Faulkner. “These crimes are unconscionable and will not be tolerated in Franklin.”
# # #